SEO Settings In Showit—Improve Your Google Ranking
SEO stands for “search engine optimization.” In simple terms, it means the process of improving your site to increase its visibility when people search for products or services related to your business in Google and other search engines. The better visibility your pages have in search results, the more likely you are to gain attention and attract prospective and existing customers to your business.
It is important to know where to add SEO into your Showit website. When you are in the site tab located on the left side of the screen and select the SEO Settings tab in the right side menu. There you can set your page title, Meta Description, Meta Keywords, and Share Image. Be sure you customize all of these settings to fit your business before your website goes live.
Let’s dive into the details.
Page Titles | The Page Title gives a preview or overview of what the Page is all about to readers, and search engines use these to deliver relevant results to searchers.
Best Practices for Page Titles:
- Long titles can get cut off in search engines so keep your titles around 60 characters, (but no longer than 70 characters). Moz tool will help you test out titles.
- For Pages, select keywords or phrases relevant to your business and keep them at the beginning of the Page Title (Custom Branding & Showit Website Design | The Launch Lounge). These keywords should describe the content of the page and/or your business.
- Keep your Page Titles consistent, but don’t make them identical.
Meta Description | This Meta Description is just what you would think—a description of the content of the page. The main purpose is to give grab the attention of someone searching, encouraging them to click on your page or post.
Best Practices for Meta Descriptions:
• Keep the length of your description should be around 150 characters.
• Write your Description in paragraph form with actual sentences.
• Including your key word or phases is always a good idea. Just make sure it is organic content.
• Make sure every page meta description is unique and speaks to that page
Shared Image | Your Shared Image is the image that will appear automatically on social media when you share that Page’s URL. Please note this image gets cropped to 1200 x 630 px so you will want to choose an image that does not get cut off.
Implementing SEO Settings In Your Showit Website:
It’s important to execute the SEO settings on each page of your Showit website. This means that you must include the Title, Meta Description, Text Tags, etc. onto every single page (Home, About, Services, etc.) of your website so your readers and search engines know what that Page is all about. Once again, Showit makes this easy and we will walk through the process.
We will cover SEO for Blog Pages/Posts in another post where we introduce you to the Yoast SEO Plugin.